Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Just One Thing

Over breakfast I told my wife, Kirsten, about all the features I wanted my pen design to have. I also talked about how I hoped to position it in a couple of different markets. She reminded me that to be successful I had to focus on one thing and do that one thing well. And sometimes that's truly hard.

Similarly, I showed my pen design to another occupational therapist. Unlike the others w, she works mostly with children. I wanted her opinion because she would come at it from a different direction. The problem was that the goals for her clients are different from my prospective users. For children, she wanted them to mature and develop properly as they gain more control fine motor skills. In contrast to this, my pen is geared towards people who must adapt to the loss of those same fine motor skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment