Monday, March 14, 2016

Google Merchant Account

If it were not for amazon and google, I would not be in a position to make or sell much of anything - certainly not with the ease that I do now or in my spare time. But I must say, they still do not make it easy. In order to show-up in Google shopping results a seller must create a "Product Feed", a delimited text document that send data about your product to Google. That would not be so bad, except that they make sellers use a byzantine code and categories and their dashboard is very difficult to navigate. That is especially true when you're just trying to figure out their system.

Oh, and my Dymo label printer. First it jammed. And when you go through Paypal to make a USPS label it doesn't give you the option to print a 4" x 6" mailing label. I had to clip an image of the label from a 8.5 x 11 PDF. That was an extra step that I did not anticipate. Previously, I avoided selling on Ebay because printing out mailing labels, taping them to boxes, and going to the Post Office was a time-consuming pain. The 40% amazon takes seemed worth it. If they took care of the logistics, I could focus on developing the business. But still, I could really use the 40% occationally. I had hoped to create an easy click-and-ship method at home using the Dymo label printer. I don't like the extra step, but I guess its good enough for now, at least until I can figure out how to get USPS to make 4 x 6 labels. Change the default printer?


No comments:

Post a Comment