Thursday, June 2, 2016

Lonely Tonight

Makers are lonely. You have an idea. You want to make it happen. You can bring people in to work on the technical details and secure their special skills, but it the end it's just you and your idea. It's a lonely business, making the painting that few will see, developing the niche product that few may buy, or writing the the blog that few will read. I have done just about everything I know how to attract followers and build a social media presence. I searched out the best advice from successful marketers, read the gurus, and tweeked my posts and pins. Nothing seems to work. Maybe I have nothing to say. Maybe people see but don't care. I wasn't interesting enough. My ideas don't resonate. "Is there anyone out there? Does anyone care?" That is the lonely cry of all makers.

No comments:

Post a Comment